A Junior Logistics Specialist coordinates between various logistic departments to control the flow of work, be it shipping or road transport. Sometimes known as a Dispatch Clerk, the Logistics Specialist is responsible for the efficient dispatch of any freight and handles associated administration. The Logistics Specialist coordinates with mechanics and drivers any breakdown emergencies, assists in developing route packages, and posting of available routes. Furthermore, maintains dispatch and field trip software programs and systems, designs, coordinates, and implements routes in an effective, efficient, and financially appropriate manner.
- Receive information about the availability of material, goods, and products to be transported at the Company’s business risk and cost from the Company’s or other locations (suppliers, clients, other parties) via the Company’s own logistics or planning systems or other means (e-mail, phone calls), analyze all key characteristics (weight, dims, origin, destination, delivery need dates, time available), select the most optimal transportation method & service in terms of cost, cycle time, and risk.
- Manage premium cost approval process.
- Place transportation orders with LSPs (logistics service providers) as per the rates and conditions stated in the Company’s contracts with the LSPs approved and contracted by the Company.
- Assign marine surveyors as per the rules and process provided by the Company.
- Receive information about the availability of material, goods, and products to be transported at the business risk and cost from the Company’s or other locations (suppliers, clients, other parties) via logistics or planning systems or other means (e-mail), analyze all key characteristics (weight, dims, origin, destination, delivery need dates, time available), select the most optimal transportation method & service in terms of cost, cycle time, and risk.
- Manage premium cost approval process. Place transportation orders with LSPs (logistics service providers) as per the rates and conditions stated in the Company’s contracts with the LSPs approved and contracted by the Company.
- Creating shipping documents according to rules and requirements provided by a respective entity – shipping invoice (excel), packing list (excel or transport management tool); providing instruction for the creation of BL/AWB, Certificate of Origin, ATR, and other shipping documents; requesting and coordinating cargo inspections
- Providing instructions for export/import to the approved broker which might include confirming relevant HS codes (Trade Via)
- Cutting freight PO in respective ERP
- Creating instructions to the warehouse for material packing and dispatch
- Organizing marine surveyors and utilizing other tools to support the complete logistics process
- Track and trace shipment status from pick-up up to the final delivery, and update the Company’s systems with the scheduled and actual pick-up and delivery dates within 24 hours after the transportation event’s latest
- The Supplier’s personnel to utilize different sources of shipment status information such as LSP EDIs to the Company’s logistics systems, LSP status tracking files, and other LSP e-mail/phone/website information.
- Notify Consignors/Shippers, Consignees/Delivery Locations, Company personnel, and LSPs during the transportation events planning and execution appropriately.
- Resolve promptly emergency and crisis situations. Cooperate smoothly and seamlessly also with other personnel of companies performing the same transportation management services for the Company in other regions.
- Record, maintain, and update data in the Company’s transportation management systems (OTM, SAP, MTA) promptly within specified deadlines, with proper care and applying appropriate controllership rules
- Send RFQs for spot quotes to relevant LSPs in accordance with the Company’s competitive bidding policy whenever the Company contracted rates cannot be applied to a shipment.
- The Company is to provide the Supplier’s personnel with guidelines on what LSPs to spot quote with based on mode, region, and business as necessary.
- Utilize only LSPs approved by the Company.
- Make the best effort to utilize the Company’s contracts and contracted rates with the LSPs.
- Spot quotes with approved LSPs are legitimate only if the contract rate doesn’t exist for that particular mode, service, or lane, or the assigned contracted LSP cannot provide the service.
- Coordinate utilization of transportation assets owned or rented by the Company such as Wind blade and tower transportation fixtures, litter boxes, EURO pallets, and other.
- The Supplier’s personnel are expected to manage those special processes to minimize costs for the Company and achieve the highest possible asset utilization.
- Maintain normal standard service coverage by the whole assigned personnel during normal business working hours (from 8:30 am to 5 pm CET)
- 1+ Years in Logistics / Operations/ Processing
- Business English
- TCS has been delivering services from Hungary since 2001, making us a perfect choice if you’re looking for stability.
- We provide a wide range of benefits, including a market leading comprehensive private health care package.
- We offer extensive self-development opportunities: our colleagues have a multitude of training possibilities for personal and professional growth.
- At TCS Hungary there are both vertical and horizontal career options for those who like to challenge themselves and try out different areas and positions.
- You will be part of a global and diverse working environment with relaxation areas, terraces, and a friendly atmosphere.
- You can seize the day with us at our company events, hobby clubs, and sporting initiatives.
- An attractive compensation package.
Email address: email@example.com